Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Girl Talk Thursday: This Week in Rants



Disclaimer: My week was actually really good. I started two writing classes, I'm working, I have tasty food in my house because I'm working and can once again afford groceries, I got to see old friends and geek out over comics ALL IN ONE NIGHT, I'm going to see Traffic and Parade on Sunday night by myself if I have to, I got asked out on a date*... and some other stuff...

*Not entirely sure I care about this. I know, I'm a bitch.

That being said, even when things are going well we can always find something to bitch about. I suppose it's one of the sadder aspects of human nature (that, and you know, all that violence and greed and selfishness stuff). There is just something so satisfying about a good bitchfest. Who doesn't enjoy taking a few minutes to just VENT. Let it all out? Get the venom out of your system? Bitch over the unfairness of the Universe?

What do I have to bitch about if my week was so wonderful? Wait for it...

1) There are only twenty four hours in a day and I like to sleep. And I do sleep. Too much lately. I think my body is making up for the last two months when I wasn't really sleeping at all. So now I have a hideous time waking up in the morning. And twenty four hours is just not enough time. I have work to do. Writing to, um, write. Activities to take part in. Friends are in plays, they're visiting from out of town, my Monday and Tuesday nights are now dedicated to class taking. There's stuff to do! Please give me more hours Universe. Please?

2) The male sex. OMG. Seriously. I can't really go into details but there have been at least three times over the last week when I've been sorely tempted to nutpunch someone. All different someones. The stupidity of some of it is just baffling. Literally. I am baffled. After this week I am very happy I am single. F that noise.

3) Chloe. Gotta love her. It's impossible not to. And I mean, I know she's a dog and has only so many ways to communicate. For the most part she's a doll. But she has this whine (Jess, if you're reading this, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about). I know it's sunny and nice out and it's been rainy and I wanna go to the park too. But I can't right now. I can in a couple of hours. I'm looking forward to that break. In order to take that break however, I need to get work done first. And as cute as you are, you staring at me with your pathetically adorable eyes, emitting that undoglike whine, is not helping. Anything. At all.

I forgive you though cause when we come back from the park and you curl up and go to sleep you are just So. Damn. Cute. Not to mention when you do that doggy dreaming barking in your sleep thing. I die.

4) Work. It's boring. I don't like being bored. This job is nice in that I do get to work from home and the guys I'm working for are great. I'd even do it again. Truly. Doesn't change the fact that it's boring.

One of these days I'm going to be a rich and famous writer and film director and I will love the work I do. Right guys? Right?

Shut up, it can happen!

5) Dirty dishes. No matter how many times I wash them, no matter how many times my roommates wash them, there are always dirty dishes in the sink. It's gross.

6) Verizon. Who hasn't actually done anything to me this week. They've just put me through so much hell the last two months that they've earned a permanent spot on this list. Probably forever. Because that's what permanent means.

That's it. For the moment. There are always more things to bitch about of course but really, I am in a mostly good mood and don't have all that many complaints over the cruelty of the fates. Life is never perfect but this week it's been good enough. I don't need much. Good enough will suffice. For the moment.

(Also, I really want to read and comment on all of the other GTT posts this week but I can't right now. I really didn't even have the time to write this but I did anyway. Screw you 24 hr day!)

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.