Search This Blog

Sunday, March 07, 2010

The Oscars

Okay, so I didn't really watch them. I mean, I could kind of see the reflection of a TV playing them in the window while I was out having dinner with my family. And I walked into the house just as Hurt Locker won the award for Best Picture.

Congratulations to Kathryn Bigelow. Hurt Locker killed tonight.  I'm a big fan of the film and I'm thrilled to see it do so well. Bigelow and Hurt Locker are not only deserving, Bigelow's made history as the first woman director to win Best Director. It's about damn time.

Will this lead to more opportunities for female directors? More recognition? Let's hope so. Talent trumps gender. Maybe Hollywood will remember this in the future.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.