Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Production: Wrap of a Pilot


The office I've been working in for the last month is wrapping. We've finished shooting so now we're taking inventory, boxing stuff up, finishing paperwork, clearing the place out. What I'm doing... mostly nothing.

There really isn't much for me to do at the moment. I've taped up a few boxes. I've gone on a few runs. Yeah...

After today there are only two days left. Which is good and bad. Good in that I'm a fan of having some time off. I've been working for the last two months and spent the two months before that incredibly stressed out while trying to find work. And then before that I was working, a lot. And now I feel okay about taking a break, mentally at least.

Bad in that I can't really afford to take the time off. I need to keep working, or at least start working again soon. Especially if I want my plans for the fall to work out. So hopefully I'll get a good phone call in the next week or two. Hopefully. Something will come up.

But back to wrap. Wrap is boring. Wrap can be hell (it was on the last show I wrapped). Wrap in the office is the part of production that you just don't look forward to and can't wait to finish. Even if all that waits for you at the end of it is unemployment. And personally, I hate packing boxes.

Countdown to Unemployment: 2 days 2 hours 30 minutes (more or less)

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.