Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Paramount Ruined My Morning

Okay, maybe it was more the cop on Venice with the radar gun, but Paramount isn't helping! Remember that hilariously wonderful clip I posted of Alan the Marmot and the Not So Scary Sharks from BBC's Walk on The Wild Side show? Yeah, we're not allowed to watch it in the US anymore. The sharks singing the Jaws music is apparently copyright violation or some such nonsense. BOO Paramount. Boo!

Whatever Paramount, I'm just going to watch the Nighttime, Daytime bird instead. So there!



In other news... I had three ginger cookies for breakfast...

Hey LA, what are you doing this weekend? Nothing you say? Well, you should be going here! The West Hollywood Book Fair is this Sunday from 10 AM - 6 PM in the West Hollywood Park.

I'm excited to check out some of the panels, attend a workshop, say hi to people, spend too much money on more books... you know, the usual Nerd things that typically excite me.

In tasty food news, Eco-Vegan Gal put together a great list of Vegan bakeries in LA. I know this isn't necessarily of interest for everyone, but there are some really great places on that list! Even if you're not vegan! It's worth looking at by anyone who enjoys tasty baked goods. Extra points for tasty AND responsible eating.

Other things that are making my morning happy beyond eating too many cookies include my pizza that I picked up from Pizza Port in Carlsbad last night. Sooo good. I love that place. Sort of the opposite of vegan with all of the cheese covering everything... ah well. I went with onion, tomato, and PINEAPPLE. A pizza guaranteed to put me in a brilliant mood. Well, a brilliant mood as long as I'm not sitting in a parking lot on the 405 or getting a speeding ticket on Venice... Um.

Okay, ignoring the bad, focusing on the good.

I think it might be time for another cookie.

9 comments:

Adam P. Knave said...

And again I have to plug for you:


West Hollywood Book Fair 4:00pm-5:00pm
OFF THE BEATEN PATH: INDIE CREATORS & THEIR CRAFT
Jordan Crane (Clouds Above and Uptight)
D.J. Kirkbride (Popgun)
Ed Laroche (Almighty)
Joe Matt (Peep Show)
Kiyoshi Nakazawa (Drunken Master)
Moderator: Darren Clavadetscher
Location: Comics, SciFi & Beyond Pavilion
Signings: Skylight Books booth

Awww yeah! D.J Kirkbride! My co-editor on Popgun, my co-author on some comics stuff and all around great dancer. I wish I could be there. But I can not. So you must go in my stead!

And stop brainwashing me with cookies!

TheLadysRevenge said...

In your stead I will go! I'm really looking forward to all of Sunday. I will make sure to say hi for you. Or something like that, right?

Cookies!!!! I'm almost starting to feel guilty. Almost.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm really the only one in the office eating the cookies. I feel like if anyone else was they'd be gone by now. But that's ok. More for me!

Adam P. Knave said...

Yes but you can totally justify the cookies by thinking that if you didn't eat them they might go to waste! Who wants to waste cookies? You are doing the community a service and I salute you!

TheLadysRevenge said...

Yay! I'm gonna eat them all!

Adam P. Knave said...

I still have no cookies, for the record. Cookieless.

TheLadysRevenge said...

This is getting to be a real problem, your lack of cookies.

Adam P. Knave said...

For me or for you?

TheLadysRevenge said...

For you. I still have plenty.

Adam P. Knave said...

I... I could get cookies if I wanted! I COULD! You don't know!

*runs off crying*

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.