Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thoughts: News Worth Sharing

Two little bits I found whilst perusing Hollywood Reporter's website.

The first is that L.A. Confidential will be getting a special edition DVD come September. While I normally am less than excited by so-called "Special Editions" this one actually sounds like it could be pretty cool.

Hollywood Reporter Article.

The features sound interesting and I'm tickled by the idea of a commentary by critic Andrew Sarris. I have a feeling I'll probably end up purchasing this one.

The other news is bigger and even more exciting.

I get to mention once again Medicine For Melancholy. I heard the news last night thanks to a Myspace bulletin but it's still really cool to see it making actual Hollywood Reporter news.

M4M has been picked up by IFC!

I'm completely psyched for Justin and Cherie and everyone else. I have a damn good idea of how much work they all put into this film. It's just great to see their commitment and dedication rewarded.

If you're in LA you should definitely venture out to the LA Film Fest this weekend and check it out! I can't wait to see it tomorrow.

IFC Films picks up 'Melancholy'


The LA Film Festival

And that's what I've got for now. Back to work!

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.