Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Thoughts: Finding Nemo


Hehehe... what a cute movie. I love cartoons. The animation in this one was pretty nice. I know a few people were complaining about halos around the characters but I personally didn't notice. I like the computer animation.

The movie was really enjoyable. I've been meaning to see it since it came out but just never got around to it. I'm glad I got to see it now. It was really clever too. I mean, some of it was obvious like mount wannahokaloogie or whatever their volcanoe thing was called. But it was fun and silly. And I loved the Hitchcock references. Oh and even more fantastic, did those seagulls look familiar to anyone else? Can we say Wallace and Gromit? Watch the Wrong Trousers and you'll see what I'm talking about. Aaaaand how about the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea reference? There's also moments/references from The Shining, Shrek, Scarface, and Monty Python (another one of my favorite references "Swim Away! Swim Away!"). I'm sure there are probably even more I didn't notice. Hehe, I'm all excited now.

Yeah, Finding Nemo definitely lived up to the hype. Sooo much fun! Woo! Hehe.

edit: I forgot to mention the Jaws references!!! Dude! only one of my favorite movies ever! I can't believe I forgot to mention the references to it. i fail. heh.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.