Search This Blog

Saturday, December 20, 2003

Thoughts: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the The King Part II


Yes, I saw it again. It's one of those movies that my dad doesn't really want to see but my mom really does, so I went with her.

Anyways, a couple of thoughts. First of all, I liked the ending a lot more the second time around. When I wasn't expecting it to end after each transition it was easy to just sit back and enjoy it. Second, I really still like the part with Eowyn in the battle. I think it was well done, I know it was in the book, and I think the few complaints I've heard about it were idiotic.

I really enjoyed the hobbits in this one, I think they all did a great job and Pippin and Sam especially really made me happy. I also like that there was more singing. Singing is prominent in the books (or at least the parts I've read) and I'm glad there was more in this movie.

There was just so much that was so cool about this movie. And it was all just as enjoyable the second time around.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.