Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Production: The Book of Caleb



Way back in the fall of 2005 I left the comforts of my parents house in warm, sunny south Florida to spend the winter in the cold of Bucks County, Pennsylvania. I drove over twenty hours in order to work on my very first feature film. I was to be the script supervisor on the ultra low budget indie The Book Of Caleb. Written and directed by FSU alum Matt Manahan, The Book of Caleb was a production unlike any I've seen or been a part of since.

It was run incredibly professionally, crewed with immense talent, fueled by passion. And done on a tiny budget that shouldn't have allowed most of the things we accomplished to occur.

Now, after a long wait and much anticipation, The Book of Caleb is finished. I'm incredibly excited for Matt and everyone else who has spent countless hours putting this thing together. And I just wanted to share my excitement and spread the love.

So go visit them at their website. And if you want to see it, check them out at From Here To Awesome. Or even at YouTube.

For your viewing pleasure, a taste:

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.