Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thoughts: Roger Ebert



To follow-up my previous babbling about critics and the possibility of their becoming obsolete, I wanted to share this little bit about Roger Ebert.

He's had his reviews posted online for some time but now it seems that he's started an actual blog. You can find it here.

There have been many times when I've read his reviews and been absolutely baffled. Did we just watch the same movie? Because it certainly didn't seem like it... However, I do have a respect for him and I have to acknowledge that he knows his movies.

I may not always agree with him but I appreciate him and I'm glad he brings his love of film to the world of critics.

He's had various health problems over the last couple of years. I just want to take a second and wish him well.

So yeah, check his stuff out.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.