Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

An Actual Conversation

That I had with myself...

Me: I'm hungry.
Me: There are cookies.
Me: But I'm really hungry.
Me: They're Ginger cookies.
Me: No, I mean like I need a real meal hungry.
Me: That's silly. Have a cookie. They're so freakin good. You'll be happy.
Me: Okay, one cookie...

(Three cookies and 20 minutes later)

Me: That so did not work. I'm still hungry.
Me: Have another cookie!

***

Don't worry, I didn't have another cookie. I actually left the office for my real meal.

Today feels like a really long day even though if you're counting the hours it really hasn't been that terrible. I didn't actually get here til close to 1 PM. Granted, I did drive up from my mom's place in Carlsbad this morning after driving down to pick up the dog for the weekend. Those aren't really work hours though. I tell myself this, it makes me feel better.

I'm allowed to be muddled right now, right?

This is one of those vaguely frustrating evenings in post. The Friday night, sitting around waiting for your weekend to start, it all being entirely dependent upon a computer and how fast a DVD burns.

Did I mention I'm still working on the pilot? I've been hired on through post which is fantastic. After the slowness of this year I am thrilled to have another few weeks of work. And being in post is interesting! This week has been a lot of carry-over from production but it's still being in a new world, seeing a bit more of this side.

Still, it's been a long week and I'm really tired right now. I'm looking forward to these DVD's being done and delivered, getting home to my dog, and then I don't know. Depending on the time I may join a few ladies for a girl's night or I may crash and just sleep. Or I might watch Dollhouse. So many choices! What will she do? I just don't know!

Also, I may have lied. I may have had another cookie...

6 comments:

Adam P. Knave said...

Sometimes the brain demands cookies. Sometimes the brain is right.

TheLadysRevenge said...

And who am I to argue with that? I think I should break my fast later with more cookies.

Adam P. Knave said...

Omnomnom Kippur!

TheLadysRevenge said...

Every time I walk by the cookies... oh the cookies... this is getting hard...

Adam P. Knave said...

Did you make it? Or did the cookies win?

TheLadysRevenge said...

I made it! And rewarded myself with delicious, delicious pineapple, tomato, and onion pizza from Pizza Port in Carlsbad. It's even better than ginger cookies.

I'm gonna have a cookie tomorrow though...

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.