Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Production: In Which We Shoot A Pilot

Today was again fairly slow for the production office. I sat around a lot, I talked to people, I sent some emails. I did a little bit of work. There were a few runs, one script delivery, I made sides and copied call sheets. I dropped stuff off for accounting at Entertainment Partners here in Burbank.

This all sounds terribly exciting, doesn't it?

Looking at the bigger picture though, today was great. We made our day, we wrapped on time. People were happy. That's a good thing. Being that this is such a tight schedule not making our days is a bit of a problem. If we don't shoot a scene on the day that it's scheduled... well, there's not really anywhere else to put it. That's why we ended up going so late last night. We had to make up for the scenes we missed on Monday.

But now we're all caught up. Hopefully tomorrow and Friday will go well. And then we'll be done. Shooting at least. And next week the production office will be done. And all that will be left will be post.

This is so fast. Really.

I still don't have another job lined up yet. But there are possibilities now and I'm talking to people who can possibly employ me at some point in the near future. So I'm stressed out but not freaking out. Yet. We'll see what comes up. Ideally I'll find a feature to work on. I really am ready to get back on a film. TV is okay, working is great, but film is what I love.



To get completely off topic for a second, my roommate and I adopted two kittens last weekend and they finally came home from the vet today. They are adorable and I absolutely love having them here. It's fabulous having pets again. I know, nothing to do with film. But kitties are cute! So there.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.