Search This Blog

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Thoughts: Superbad



Yay for Labor Day and three day weekends! I decide to escape LA for a couple of days and visit my little brother out in Phoenix. Sometimes it's good to get away. And when I have three days with nothing to do... why not?

Anyway, I got into town yesterday and last night my brother and I decided to go see Superbad. Finally. I've been really wanting to see it. After Knocked Up and all of the reviews it's been getting, Superbad was definitely near the top of my To See list.

It didn't disappoint. I have a soft spot for teen high school movies and Superbad is another good one. People have been comparing to the likes of Dazed and Confused (one of my favorites) and I think the comparison is a fair one. While it's not quite as good, it's certainly an excellent little flick. It kept me laughing pretty much constantly, even if the plot does stall occasionally.

I also have to say that Seth Rogan is one of my new favorites. He's brilliant. And sort of adorable. Good times.

So yeah, Superbad. It's great. Check out. Definitely good summer comedy fun.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.