Search This Blog

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Stays Crunchy In Milk + Farscape = Awesome

Okay, I can't let my only post of the day be so super debbie downer. So I will share this with you! Because it's fun and awesome and it should be shared. So I say.

As I've mentioned previously, there's this awesome book called Stays Crunchy In Milk. My friend Adam wrote it and my other friend Lauren edited it. I read it and loved it.

My mini review (which I should have posted here but I've been lazy and have so far only put it up on Goodreads):

Clever and charming, Stays Crunchy In Milk is an adventure story that starts off appealing to the kid in you and ends up revealing itself as a well rounded delight. On the surface there are the entertaining pop culture references that wrap you in a warm blanket of childhood nostalgia. At its depths, Stays Crunchy takes its three heroes (who should remind you of several popular cereals that make an appearance around a certain holiday involving dress-up and candy) on a journey that is as much existential as it is physical. It becomes more than a game of catch that cartoon reference, it's a story about friendship, perception of self, and the subjective nature of reality. Stays Crunchy is a fun and tasty tale that a reader can enjoy on many levels. 

 So what's this contest about? Basically all you have to do is buy a copy of the book, take a picture of yourself somewhere with it, and then post your picture over in the comment section of Adam's blog. For all of the contest details, go check him out! Contest runs through December 18th so you've even got a little time.

Oh yeah, and the prize is a set of Farscape DVDs. How rad is that?



Now my job here is done. I'm going to watch Glee.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.