Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Unemployment Tuesday: Work!

This edition of Unemployment Tuesday finds me actually working. Yay! Sadly it's only for this week but it is on a commercial which pays a bit better than my usual rate. The people are also great and the hours haven't been hideous. All in all it's a pleasant working experience at a time when I desperately need any working experience.

I have a bit of work to do before sleeping happens so I'm going to keep this short, share a couple of links, and then get done what needs to be done before sleep.

Mike Harvey has this great list of The 10 Best Long Tracking Shots. Don't agree with all of them as necessarily being the 10 best but they're 10 great ones in any case. It made me happy that he started the list with I Am Cuba. It's the first movie that always comes to mind for me whenever I think of my favorite tracking shots. I Am Cuba is a beautifully shot film throughout but some of the shots are just downright amazing.

I cannot get over this site. Number One. Check out some of the guest Rikers a bit down the page. Keep scrolling, it's worth it.

Then for any of you Twilight fans (or any of you other women whose inner feminist cried a little after watching Twilight) there's this list of 20 unfortunate things girls learn from Twilight.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.