Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Bad Art, Cont.

I need to make one thing abundantly clear. I cannot draw. I really can't. My sketches are beyond silly. Their quality however is thankfully not the point. The point is that it's something I'm having fun with.

The bad art has continued.

For some reason, the requests I've been getting have mostly involved sea creatures. Although J has now requested a sketch of our local favorite, Jeremiah. That damn devil eyed varmit... So as soon as I'm done with the Chupacabra meets Narwhal, I'll be giving the possum a go. Who knows what will happen after that.

For now, here are my latest two. A happy Narwhal and a Monkfish.





Now if you're following me on Twitter you've all ready seen these guys (and if you're not, why not???) Just for you folks who have all ready experienced the wonder of the happy Narwhal, I'm also giving you some failed sketches. I know, if my successful ones are this bad, how awful are the failed ones? Pretty terrible!



Follow me on that tweeting thing! www.twitter.com/theladysrevenge

Now that I have a small handful of these silly sketches, I'm considering taking this another step. Since I'm not an artist and have no real aspirations to become one, I'd like to do something that relates a little more to what it is I am trying to do. Writing. I can't make any promises on this, since I am still neck deep in a screenplay that needs lots of work, but I do have a writing project in mind for this bad art. I'll keep you posted and hopefully even have a start on it soon.

No comments:

About This Thing

This blog is about film and life in the wonderful world of LA. I'm a filmmaker just getting started; I'm navigating my way through the industry, trying to find work, and sometimes even managing to make a living.

I've worked across the country on projects big and small. Everything from an indie in PA shot during the dead of winter to one of the bigger reality shows involving Models and the things they do.

I also just love doing things*. I'm a writer, aspiring director, wannabe photographer and cook. I waste too much time on the internet and sometimes all I want to do is hang out with my dog.

Stick around and chances are you'll catch me writing about it all.

*I use the word "thing" a lot. An inappropriate amount. I can't help it. There are just so many different things to talk about. And I just kind of like it.